Monday 23 January 2017

The Adventure Begins

21 January - Vancouver Bound


Hey Kiddo,

It is bright and early and we are on the non-stop to Vancouver, leaving the creatures in the capable hands of Ania. We're packing heavy and for some reason decided to bring bottles of beer and wine since they don't have beer and wine in the big city. Adding Mom's Kitty & Crew is really the big add-on. In addition to lenses, computers, & studio lights, we've packing six terabytes of external storage.

Of course one of the traditions of starting a vacation is to begin planning the next. I guess we're thinking Around the World in 2020 as life-long learners on the MVS Explorer.

Tonight is Dine Out Vancouver so Maenam will be put to the test.

Wasabi Crusted Albacore Tuna Salad



And now it Sunday and my knee says it doesn't want to go that way. If fact it says it doesn't want to go any way. However I am braced for this possibility (I don't need to point out my puns do I?) and Arnica gel  is my friend. Kahsia is optimistic that by not playing squash for a month, it will heal. Of course my soul will be empty, but my knee will be better. I'm gonna find me a baby alpaca to carry me around Grey Lake.

Tonight we Dine Out at Pidgin after sticky buns from Cobb's Bread and drinks & snacks from our favorite bar tender, Tanysha, at Nordstrom (they don't just sell mink coats, any more).
Pidgin's Wagyu Beef Tenderloin and Braised Beef Cheeks 


Monday morning maybe we will report from the First Class Lounge at YVR. I'll give Justin and the Aga some feedback if we happen to rub shoulders.

Reporting from YVR Maple Leaf Lounge - the most exciting thing on the menu is boiled eggs. Next stop - LAX.





No comments:

Post a Comment